Friday, July 22, 2011

Hi there!

My name is Judith and I'm doing my internship here at Prime Trust. I am an International Management student from Holland and I will stay in Pondicherry for a total of ten weeks.

I've been in Pondicherry for three weeks now and so far it's been great! Prime Trust is a nice organisation to work for, and I'm having a great time with the other volunteers. The work I do is very rewarding, as it feels like a small thing can really make a difference.
I mainly do office work, including fundraising and marketing activities. I apply for international funds that can finance Prime Trust's activities and I try to find new donors. I publish in both Dutch and Indian newspaper in order to give Prime Trust more publicity, and I help Prime Trust in recruiting new volunteers. I also give awareness programs about domestic violence to the women self-help groups, and I teach English at a remedial school.

Working at Prime Trust is a great opportunity to really experience the South-Indian culture. The Indian staff is super supportive, and the neighbourhood feels totally safe. All the work you do is highly appreciated by the organisation, and there is also enough time to enjoy the country and make trips.

All in all, I recommend anyone who is open minded, flexible and willing to contribute to the development of South-India, to apply for an internship or volunteer position at Prime Trust.

Feel free to email me in case you have any questions!


Judith


No comments:

Post a Comment